You don’t have a lot of money to spend on promoting your business?
Don’t worry, there are many ways to put your business forward for free today.
It is essential to set up routines to promote our content in order to attract qualified traffic to a website. And the regularity of these actions is essential to bear fruit.
So how to generate web traffic on your professional site?
Choose the ones that suit you best and start promoting your business today.
36 ideas to generate traffic with your website
Your website is the cornerstone of your Digital Marketing actions. And the number of unique daily visitors is a way to measure the popularity of your business.
Start with optimizing your website
1. Make sure that browsing your website is fluid with aesthetic design.
2. Check that the design of your website is suitable for mobiles. More and more people are browsing the web on their tablets and smartphones.
3. Check the loading time of your pages and that the URL structures are clean.
4. Make sure your “About” and “Products” pages are optimized with the right keywords.
5. Create destination pages for each of your products with a CTA to at least start creating a base of emails from potential customers.
6. Create a media kit available for download on your website.
7. Include a call to action on all of your content or web pages.
8. Remove all unnecessary content from your website to simplify user experience. Remember to redirect each of the deleted URLs.
9. Check the health status of your website following the recommendations of the Google Search Console.
10. Consult Google Analytics regularly to analyze the behavior of your visitors on your site to identify how to increase the number of page views.
Regularly post Content on your blog
In today’s oversaturated market, regularly publishing web content is one of the most effective ways to reach a wider audience and win new customers.
This is what experts call the Content Marketing.
Not only does quality content propel your natural SEO (SEO) into research results, but it also exposes your business’s know-how to your visitors.
Here are the priority actions to be carried out:
11. Regularly publish blog articles of at least 2,000 words. Indeed, they are more efficient. As a result, writing a long article every week is more effective than 3 short.
12. The most successful articles are practical cases, lists, interviews … Facilitate readability by sharpening your text with short paragraphs and / or flea lists.
13. Publish case studies or client testimony on your website. This establishes your expertise and strengthens the confidence of your visitors.
14. Find your writing style and apply it to each blog item. Do not be afraid to show your true values. The controversy is good. However, do not be offensive or rude.
15. Add graphics or images to your blog articles. Remember to optimize their size with an extension like Imagify. It’s free.
16. Write attractive and convincing titles. The shorter and more concise the titles in your blog, the better ! Use the free Coschedule tool to refine your titles.
17. Optimize each item with the appropriate keywords. Use keywords from the long train for your web content. Identify the best keywords with tools like Ubersuggest and KWfinder.
18. Add your keywords to the title, meta description, H1 and H2 tags and URL, not to mention the “Alt text” attribute of the images.
19. Add internal links. These are links to other items on your website. So if your content interests them, your readers will stay longer on your website.
20. Make sure the content on your website is shareable. Use a WordPress extension like Sumo or Social Warfare to add sharing icons to your company’s website. It’s still free.
21. Publish interviews with experts in your sector and ask them to share this content with their audience. Start by contacting mid-level influencers. Even if they are not the best known, they can still generate a significant amount of traffic on your website.
22. Ask experts to contribute to the content of your website. You are going to have a lot of negative answers at the start, but don’t be discouraged.
23. Make sure you read everything you publish carefully.
24. Improve your old articles with updates on new information (statistics, trends, and images). Make sure you re-share them on your social accounts.
25. Answer all comments to show your readers that you are listening to what they have to say. It is a way to build them and therefore create recurring traffic.
And to go further, find out why your corporate blog and Marketing are inseparable.
Get started recording podcasts & videos
Diversify the type of support for your content. So you are compatible whatever the situation of your persona :
- In front of a PC by reading your text content,
- On their mobile by viewing one of your videos,
- And in their car listening to one of your podcasts.
Obviously, as with your textual content, match the content of your videos and podcasts with the needs of your targets.
In addition, podcasts and videos are easily shareable. As a result, you can reach new audiences for free and find new opportunities.
26. Save a podcast and post it on your website.
27. Look for relevant podcasts and introduce yourself as an expert for an interview.
28. Remember to put forward your arguments. A podcast is similar to a radio interview.
29. Share your podcasts on all your social network profiles and on specialized sites like iTunes, SoundCloud …
30. Add video content to your website.
31. Create your channel on YouTube by carefully informing your profile without forgetting to include the URL of your website.
32. Prepare a script before shooting a video.
33. Publish your videos on your YouTube and/or Vimeo channels. Include text in your thumbnails and encourage at the end of your videos to leave a comment and/or subscribe to your channel. Work on your titles and descriptions to increase the reading rate.
34. Organize your playlists and chain your videos.
35. Promote your videos as a madman for 24 hours after their publication.
36. Webinarians are also traffic generators to your website. To do this, use Google Hangouts. It’s free.
Stimulate your contacts with emailing
Scheduling, by leading your recipients to your company’s website, can easily boost your visibility and therefore your traffic.
In addition, emailing is our favorite communication channel when it comes to receiving content on the internet.
37. Insert opt-in forms in 3 different locations on your website to collect email addresses. Here are some ideas: the sidebar, the footer, in a blog article or an exit popup with Hellobar.
38. Offer content BONUS on your most popular items to collect email addresses. Use the WordPress extension “Content Upgrade” to collect email addresses.
39. Offer a white paper for download or a free audit. Marketing Digital experts speak of “Friendly to Customer”.
40. Send a newsletter always on the same day and at the same time so that your subscribers get used to it. If you start, an email once a week is more than enough.
41. Write short and attractive emails. Do not send too many promotional emails at the risk of your subscribers unsubscribing. Always add an Action Call button (CTA) that returns to your website.
42. Set up automatic email sequences to regularly feed your prospects with relevant content to visit on your website.
To become a “ninja” in emailing, rely on my especially thoughtful guide for entrepreneurs.
Publish content as a guest
This practice involves writing and publishing an article on another website under your name.
You will necessarily reach a new audience which will arouse the interest of certain people who will come to visit your site to learn more about your activity. And if they like your site and its content, they will come back.
You are ready to make your cuckoo’s nest?
43. List 20 to 30 websites where you want to publish an article. Look for the names of the publishers. Put it all in an Excel or a Google Sheet to facilitate follow-up.
44. Write a personalized email for each website, making sure you write the name of the editor correctly. Personalizing your email is essential. Indeed, it is easy for an editor to notice that it is being sent en masse.
45. Limit your email to 500 words maximum. Make sure your email is interesting and convincing.
46. Send your emails and restart a few days later if you have no news. You can restart again before contacting him on another subject.
47. Contact specialized websites. Indeed, verticalized websites are always looking for contributors.
48. Contacting opinion leaders should also be on your list. On the other hand, offer them articles with very different content. Use SimilarWeb to estimate the traffic generated by a website.
29 levers to generate Web traffic with social networks
As an entrepreneur, we have all heard over and over again about the value of promoting your offer or rather your content on social networks.
This is why the animation of your social networks must be part of your daily tasks.
49. To save time on technical aspects, automate your social media publications with a tool like Buffer, HootSuite, or MeetEdgar.
Now let’s go through the actions to be carried out by social networks:
50. Take some time to update your LinkedIn profile, remembering to indicate the URL of your website.
51. Interact on Linkedin every day, also including likes and sharing. Add one to 3 hashtags for each publication.
52. Contact at least 25 people in your industry per day. Likes and/or share their publications. It’s a great way to get in touch with business influencers.
53. Join 2 or 3 groups on LinkedIn or create one.
54. Write recommendations to people you have worked within the past. The person for whom you write the recommendation will surely return the favor.
55. Turn your blog articles into a game of slides. Publish them on Slideshare. It’s a great way to send traffic to your website while publishing quality content on LinkedIn.
56. Republish an extract from your articles on LinkedIn with a link to “read the rest” on your website.
For more details, see our 7 LinkedIn tactics to generate 1000 visitors per month on your website.
57. Use your Twitter bio as a way to collect email addresses by inserting a URL
58. Publish on Twitter between 10-15 times a day, also including likes and retweets. Add one to 3 hashtags for each publication.
59. Follow at least 10 people a day in your industry. Retweet their tweets or links to their articles. It’s a great way to build relationships with influencers and other important people in your niche.
60. Join discussions on Twitter or organize a discussion on Twitter. To find relevant conversations on Twitter, do a simple Google search.
61. Make sure your pro page is properly completed. Share your page with your friends and family to increase the number of I love on your page. Make sure your page has a coverage image corresponding to your product and/or service offer.
62. Publish content once to 3 times a day without hashtags. Make sure your content is not too commercial or promotional. Otherwise, your publications are less likely to be broadcast on your fans’ news sons.
63. “Love” at least 5 other pages related to your industry every day. Leave comments to show your interest.
64. Join the groups on Facebook to generate traffic to your company’s website.
Pinterest should be considered as a visual search engine with the particularity of also being a backlink factory. These links to your website are therefore all likely to generate traffic to your website while strengthening your natural SEO (SEO).
65. Open an account for business. Carefully inform your bio with the right keywords to stand out in research on Pinterest. Add the URL of your website.
66. Open at least 10 tables, some of which are reserved for your contents or your products. Make sure that each table is well optimized with your keywords.
67. Add between 5 and 10 pins to each table. Make sure each pin contains a description with a link to your website. Check that the pin links you are recording do not point to a spam site. For 10 pins, make sure that 7 are from other profiles than yours. It is not useful to use hashtags.
68. Follow the influencers in your niche. Pin their contents if they are of interest to your target audience. Always pin for your persona, not for you.
69. Join the collective tables to reach other audiences. Collective tables are the equivalent of groups on Facebook or LinkedIn. Focus on 10 collective groups that you have identified through pingroupie.
Instagram is not the best platform to generate traffic. Indeed, you only have one field on your profile to add the URL of your website. And “Instagrams” don’t necessarily go to your profile every day.
70. To start, make sure your bio is well optimized with the right keywords.
71. Add a link to a destination page or any other product or program you are trying to promote. Avoid putting the link to your home page.
72. Add a photo to your profile. If you represent a brand, add your logo.
73. Publish one to 5 photos per day. Add text to all of your images and with your watermark brand name as a distinctive sign. So, you easily spot your publications, it is essential for follow-up on Instagram.
74. Abuse hashtags up to 30 per publication. Also, add a legend (up to 2200 characters).
75. Try to follow 50 profiles in your area daily. Also, like and comment on publications from other profiles.
76. You can also organize a competition.
And here are another 21 ways to boost your Instagram account.
My advice: no need to be present on all social networks, go there gradually.
Ask Influencers for help to create traffic
The Marketing of Influence is very fashionable at the moment. This is how to work with the influencers.
77. Identify with Buzzsumo 20 influencers in your industry.
78 Write a short but personalized email taking good care in spelling the name of the influencer.
79. Write this email with 200-300 words as a short introduction to what you have to offer. Make sure your proposal matches the expertise of the influencer.
80. Send your message and relaunch if you haven’t heard from them after a few days. Do not hesitate to relaunch once or twice. If you have no response after the second stimulus, wait for one to 2 months before contacting it again.
81. Comment on the blogs of your influencers to get spotted.
10 other ideas in bulk to generate traffic to your website
82. Republish your articles on Medium to increase your traffic.
83. Answer questions about Quora to position yourself as an expert while leaving a link to your website.
84. Join communities in your field and share your content there.
85. Publish an ebook on Amazon and your website to position yourself as an expert and increase your credibility.
86. Broadcast the contents of your blog on Flipboard to increase your traffic.
87. Attend relevant networking events in your niche. You can also organize a meetup.
88. Join Reddit (and other bookmarking sites). Be active without abusing promotion at the risk of being considered a spammer.
89. Remember to include the URL of your website in your email signature.
90. Write a press release and send it to free broadcast services. It’s also a good way to create backlinks on your website while being spotted by journalists.
91. Register on Google My Business especially if you manage a business or you receive your customers on your premises. You will generate traffic thanks to Google Maps.
Conclusion on the 91 simple and free ways to generate traffic on your website
Keep in mind that it takes time to build faithful and committed follow-up.
Go step by step depending on the means you want to devote to it.
Our experience shows it: these 91 tips are all a great way to create traffic on your company’s website.
The proof: we apply most of these methods and if you are reading this article, it simply means that it works.
It is not for nothing that our motto is: “We are implementing what we preach”.
And if you are not yet convinced, this is how to publicize your business on the Internet.
To summarize in 3 questions
Why is the traffic volume of a website important ?
Website traffic is important for many reasons. The more people consult your site, the more likely you are to win customers. The number of visitors to your website is proportional to the number of opportunities to leave a good impression, generate qualified prospects, give visibility to your brand and build relationships.
How to generate traffic on your website ?
There are tons of ways to increase traffic to your website, in particular: have a strong social presence, write irresistible titles, work on the SEO of your pages, target keywords of the long train, publish articles as ‘guest…
How to know the source of traffic on a given page ?
On Google Analytics, it is very easy to know the source of traffic to a given page. Once connected, access the Behavior> Content section of the site. The secondary dimension ‘source’. It is possible to display the traffic sources of all the pages of your website, or only destination pages or even exit pages.